Volunteers are the key to our Festival's success!
Individual and Group Volunteers are needed for the following areas:
- Entrance Marshal
- Stage Crew
- Carnival Marshal
- Race Course Marshal
- Food Area Clean-up
- General Support
- Children's Hands-On Art Area (for ages 12 & up)
- Receive credit for required service hours
- Help support a community event
- We work with you to meet your preferred times and assignments
Organizations receive an opportunity to raise funds in exchange for volunteer hours. Typically, an organization receives a 10’x 10’ space to sell an item and in return provide volunteers to serve as marshals, entertainment assistance, or other functions, which will be addressed with the group coordinator prior to the event.
- Organizations who provide 50 hours of volunteer service, can sell a food/organization sponsored item on Saturday & Sunday.
- Organizations who provide an additional 20 hours of volunteer service, can sell a food/organization sponsored item on Thursday & Friday in addition to Saturday & Sunday. One day opportunities may be available.
Thank you in advance to all the groups and individuals for helping to make the Herndon Festival a success!
A special thanks to our 2019 Herndon Festival Volunteer Groups
- Arts Herndon
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 157
- Cameron Parish D.A.R.
- Epsilon Delta / Team 116
- Girl Scouts Council of the Nations Capital
- Grace Covenant Church - Oneighty Youth
- Grace Hill Church
- Herndon Woman's Club
- Herndon High School Football
- Holy Cross Lutheran Church
- Jeff Smith Mile High Karate
- Optimist Club of Herndon
- Rotary Club of Herndon
- St. Joseph's Hispanic Youth Group
- Sterling Park Amateur Radio Club
- YMCA Fairfax County Reston
Got questions, email or call John Mosesso at 703-501-5066.